Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wake up call


Song of the day: All that I'm asking for by Lifehouse

So as some of you may know I went down to Disney World in Florida 3 days ago. It was wuite the trip. I had to get up early on Sunday morning and drive 10 hours by myself. I didn't mind the drive because I got to think and listen to an awesome book on tape. Incarceron was it's name and I got so excited one time that I almost drove off the road. Whoops. Anywho...I got done to the Schiffli's house and quickly went to sleep.
In the morning I woke up at 6 and started to get ready for my audition which had a sign in time of 8. This meant that I had to leave the house no later than 7:15 so that I could get a good spot. So I got there at 8:05 and after looking in the wrong place 2 times I finally found where I was supposed to sign in. Now there are many things that I had thought about that audition and how I thought that it was going to turn out. Let me tell you that everything was WRONG.
ONE: I thought that it wouldn't be too crowded because how many dancers really seriously wanted to dance at Disney.
~~~~There were around 200 dancers there at the auditions and all of them were crazy flexible and had their game faces on.
SECOND: I thought that because it was Disney they would look past things like physical appearance and notice the talent and passion you had because it is Disney and thats where dreams come true.
~~~~I know I am not amazing but I didn't even make it past the first round. The choreography wasn't hard at all and I did it well, BUT they had a certain type that they were looking for. Oh well.
THIRD: I thought that because I was kinda a big shot in college that OF COURSE I would be an obvious choice for Disney.
~~~~Everyone had big shots and think the same thing. I met a ROCKETTE, who was super nice, but still a freaking Rockette. There was no way I could compete with that.

So you can imagine that I was thinking what the heck am I doing here. So as I put back on my regular shoes, took off my number, and drove away from the rehearsal facility, I started to call the number of people who wanted to hear from me as soon as the audition was over. I told them all the news and they told me great things such as, "When one door closes, 10 more open", "Your fabulous and I love you", "Guess you will doing Haunted Houses", "There is always Chicago!" (that last one made me laugh). At the end of the phone calls I decided to go to Downtown Disney to just look at all the happy people at Disney and figure out what I was going to do with the rest of my day. I decided to go home that day instead of sitting at the house and waiting til tomorrow. Around noon I was back on the road making the 10 hour trip back home. Even though this meant that I was driving 20 hours in two days, I knew that it was totally worth it. It gave me time to think about my life and I came to some conclusions.

One: I LOVE dancing and I am just going to have to take more classes and kick my own butt.
Second: I was meant to go to that audition so that I could get a wake up call and realize I need to be doing things EVERYDAY to get better.
Third: I don't ever want to be a bum.
and
Lastly: I have the BEST friends in the world.

So I am going to take on the world one step at a time just like Chandler did the day of his wedding to Monica so that he wouldn't freak out and run away. Next step...is kinda secret but I hope that Jay is excited. Til next time...
All that I'm asking for is that you need nothing more...Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment